CleanPowerPerks Graduates from Cleantech Open NE Team Development Program
CleanPowerPerks graduated from the Cleantech Open Northeast’s inaugural Team Development Program (TDP) this October. Earlier this year, we were accepted into the program, which was created to provide mentorship services to cleantech companies that were too early-stage to make the Cleantech Open Northeast semifinal round. CleanPowerPerks completed the program with the guidance of mentor Kevin Scannell and was one of 10 TDP companies recognized as graduates at the Cleantech Open Northeast Regional Innovation Expo and Awards Gala on Thursday, October 17, 2013.
Founder Tess O’Brien attended the Awards Gala at Boston University’s School of Management. CleanPowerPerks would like to thank its TDP mentor Kevin Scannell for his guidance and the Cleantech Open Northeast Team, including Ali Adler and Tim Peterson, for their support through this pilot program. Congratulations to the winners of the Northeast region and best of luck at the national competition!
The Cleantech Open, which runs its annual competition by region, “finds, funds and fosters the most promising cleantech startups on the planet”. This year, 77 companies applied to the Northeast region accelerator, 39 were accepted as semifinalists and 33 completed the program. Of the companies that were accepted to the Northeast region semifinal round, nine were selected to publicly pitch a panel of judges live at the Awards Gala. Finalists were chosen then presented with $20,000 prizes and will move on to the national Cleantech Open Global Forum to compete for national awards in San Jose this November. Four winning finalists were chosen, in addition to several special prize winners:
- Winning Finalist, Sustainability Prize Winner, and Audience Choice Award Winner: Refresh(Somerville, MA)
- Winning Finalist: NBD Nanotechnologies(Somerville, MA)
- Winning Finalist: Sealed (Astoria, NY)
- Winning Finalist: HEVO Power (New York, NY)
- Software/Service Prize Winner: BlocPower (New York, NY)
- Leaps and Bounds Prize Winner: Avatar Sustainable Technologies (Syracuse, NY)
- WOW Award Prize Winner: Actasys (Troy, NY)
- Volunteer of the Year: Tim Hoffman (Cleantech Open Northeast NYC Metro Director)
- Mentor of the Year: Ladd Greeno (Mentor to Refresh)